Love, Lies and Lemon Cake - Sue Watson

This story was just ok. There were several "laugh out loud" moments, but only in the first half or so. The story almost seemed to change tones as it progressed, going from funny chick lit to more a more serious romance type. The ending of the story was fabulous, though. Throughout the story there are yummy descriptions of foods that were fun to read about. The characters in the story were pretty funny and full of life (Mandy & Sue).  I do have a few things that bothered me during the story... First, the title... the Love and Lemon cake was obvious... but I am just not sure where the lies fit in. Near the end, the main character, Faye, even uses that phrase, and I wanted to ask her "what lies??". Also, the story seemed really repetitive. Faye really fixated on her starting over, becoming a new person, etc. It was basically like an obsession to her and it got a little tiring rereading the same thoughts over and over again. I was also getting really annoyed reading about her advanced age of 42. She really went on and on about this too. Her romantic interest, Dan, was 33 years old. Yes, he is younger... but a 33 year old man is not a child or barely legal or anything like that. At one point she even referred to him as a kid. To hear Faye and her friends talk, you would think she was 65 or something. So overall, I think this story missed the mark for me. I received a copy from Netgalley to read and review.